I've been SO good all year, but the combination of parties, presents and play destroyed me.
So: rule 2 is 'learn from your mistakes'. Luckily, mistakes are allowed. We didn't evolve for nothing. (incidentally, rule 1 is: Weight yourself every day!). I cant emphasise that one enough.
What went wrong in December:
- Too much booze. Alcohol is calorific and dangerous in large numbers (like cows perhaps). One hangover led to another over December. Especially compounding pint after pints.
- Booze is of course a snowball drink. (not to be confused with the drink called a snowball). One sip, becomes a gulp, becomes a barrel, becomes a burger. In fact, on my worst night I ate in advance to 'line my stomach', then ate crisps with drinks, then had a Cornish pasty to 'help avoid a hangover', then had a kebab. And yes, I did still have a hangover.
- Too much food. In particular, family is dangerous. They gift a lot of food via presents, around the Christmas table, in little take-this-off-out-hands gifts.
- Food too high in calories. Yes, there is protein galore available during the Yule. But it's surrounded by deep fired yes pleases, and soaked in butter don't mind if I dos.
- Low activity. It's dark. It's cold. It's wet. There's nothing to do. In fact I celebrated that lethargy and dormancy at the time. Oops.
- No weigh ins. I couldnt face it. I broke rule 1. Guilty. I know I have to weigh myself everyday. If I don't, things go wrong. And they went wrong.
- New years coming. I couldn't shake the psychological kicks that December means indulge and new year is another chance to succeed. Weight loss ahoy.
Right. Mistake made. No need to be too gloomy. Instead, I will pick myself up, brush myself down and start all over again. Time to try a Crash Diet!!