As I spent time dieting, I developed a few principles that helped me find what worked best for me.
Below is my weight loss philosophy.
- Quick . That's quick results and quick to implement. I'm time poor and impatient. Anything that demands bags of time is out.
- Measurable. I need to be able to act and then quickly see results. If I avoid that Chelsea Bun, I need to see the effect on the scales the next morning.
- Easy to follow in all locations. I work, i travel. I cant just buy a shop load of Slim Fast and sit at home drinking them. I need the food / exercise / activity to be doable where ever I am.
- Easy to remember. I don't want to be carrying around a manual!
- Fussy-friendly. If I don't like something, I don't want to have to eat it or do it. So, for example, I don't eat fish, not shell fish nor tuna. So an anchovy only diet wont work.
These are the principles i measure any diet or weight loss plan against.
How about you? What matters to you?